The Ultimate Summer Accessory Round-Up
Your guide to a chic and sustainable Summer
This Summer, we want you to look and feel fabulous, so you’ll need all the right accessories. We put together this guide to help inspire some ways to accessorize and look and feel your best. Whether you’re entertaining friends or lounging solo, you’ll want to bask in the Summer sun in style. These are the ultimate beach and poolside accessories our staff at Lori Dennis Inc. will be sporting all summer long:
1. Cool Ice Buckets: Keep a cute cooler nearby for rose all day (and hydration purposes of course)! And keep your champs on ice and on-hand in a super chic ice bucket. Williams Sonoma was where it’s at for keeping it chic!
Cozy Chaise Lounger: Upgrade your patio chair for an ergonomic chaise. We found some of our favorites on Wayfair and at West Elm.
2. Multi-Use Towels: Ditch your generic beach towels for some gorgeous Turkish ones that will double as colorful decor. We recently discovered these gorgeous and super-soft foutas from Balthazar & Rose that can also double as blankets or wraps!
3. Roomy Tote Bags: The straw “Going Places” tote pictured is from Kate Spade, and measuring 12.7″ x 20.7,” it’s the perfect size to tote around the extra Summer-specific items you might not have in your purse ordinarily, like your towels and sunscreens.
4. Trendy Pool Floats: Cute pool floats are the new statement pieces everyone’s sporting this year. We found some adorable ones at West Elm!
5. Portable Speakers: And keep your favorite tunes blasting all day long without overheating your devices: West Elm has some great looking portable speakers that shade your devices! Speaking of shade…
The 5 Essentials You Need to Survive a Summer of Sun
Without the proper protections, your stay in the Summer sun might get cut short. You want to be able to survive the day with healthy, hydrated skin. Here are the top 5 things you need for sun and water resistance this Summer:
1. Sunscreen is obviously going to be your first line of defense against UV rays, but you want to be sure you’re choosing the right, long-lasting, sustainable sunscreen that won’t irritate your skin. Our current favorite is Sunbum brand – it goes on smoothly and smells so delicious you won’t mind reapplying!
2. Waterproof Makeup: Don’t want to sacrifice that full face of makeup? We’ve shopped high and low for our favorite water-proof products and came up with quite the mixed bag or premium and drug-store brand products. From Estee Lauder foundation to Covergirl outlast lipstick, you’ll be stylin’ in the sun and in the water all day!
3. Sunglasses: What’s more chic than a classic pair of sunnies? The key to finding the perfect sunglasses for optimal sun-protection is to go for larger darker lenses, (polarized if you can!) and make sure they’re providing 100% UVA and UVB protection.
4. Sunhats: A big floppy sunhat that makes a statement? Don’t mind if we do! Designer Eugenia Kim puts a spin on a classic straw sun hat with embroidered messages that send a bold statement: Do not disturb! Off duty! These sassy stunners are well worth the splurge!
5. Umbrellas: We found the greatest selection of beach and poolside umbrellas on Wayfair. We’re particularly fond of the classic Italian stripes. (Retro Barbie, anyone?)
How do you survive the Summer sun in style? Let us know what products are your favorites in the comments below!